New Mexico DWI Classes
Every DWI arrest first requires action to stop the MVD from revoking your license. You have only 10 days to submit your written request for a hearing. If you do not request a hearing on your license, it will be automatically revoked after 20 days.
ABQ NM Misdemeanor DWI Charges and Penalties
The first DWI offense is a misdemeanor. Still, convictions may result in:
- Jail time—up to 90 days with a possible minimum of 48 consecutive hours if convicted of aggravated DWI
- Fines—up to $500
- Community Service—24 to 48 hours
- Alcohol assessment—depending on the assessment, you may have to get into counseling, for which you must pay
- Ignition interlock device—installed at your expense for one year
- DWI classes
The second and third offenses are full misdemeanors. With every arrest and charge, the penalties stack up. With the second DWI offense, your vehicle may be subject to vehicle seizure by the City of Albuquerque.
Contact our aggressive DWI/DUI Defense attorneys here
or by calling (505) 842-1440
NM Felony DWI Charges and Penalties
The fourth DWI arrest will be charged as a fourth degree felony, which will result in:
- Mandatory six months in prison with a maximum sentence of 18 months
- Up to $5,000 in fines
- Ignition interlock device
- Lifetime revocation of your license
A fifth offense carries harsher penalties, and if convicted, you may end up doing two years in prison.
Hiring an Aggressive DWI Lawyer in Albuquerque
Every DWI conviction has the potential to burden you with heavy fines, limit your freedom and cost you future employment opportunities. For the best chances of keeping your record clean, your DUI defense in Albuquerque needs to start immediately. If you are facing DWI charges, regardless of classification as a misdemeanor or felony, you need aggressive legal representation. Contact a DWI lawyer at the Law Office of Mark Keller in Albuquerque, NM for a free consultation.